Gratefulness in this difficult time

Started by Free2Bme, April 04, 2020, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free2Bme

Others here have initiated similar threads but I felt a need for some equilibrium with all that's going on in the world right now.  It seems we have crossed the Rubicon, and that when this has passed we will be forever changed by what we are experiencing.

I struggle with fear at times, so I have to limit how much media exposure I tune into and how much time I am actively thinking about the "what-if's".  I don't deny the seriousness of our national and global situation, but I tend to be overcome with sadness and compassion for all that are suffering.  Sometimes, I have to take a break from entering into and taking on the pain of others.  Not because I get depressed, but it keeps me from focusing on matters at hand and wears me out emotionally.   

Most people I know who have depth, have endured adversity and chosen to respond well.  I too have grown the most during difficult times of my life. 

Today, I want to turn my thoughts to things I am grateful for. 

Although my future is very uncertain in many ways...

Right now, I am enjoying the pouring rain, watching wildlife and the comfort of my home. 
I have what I need and my children and I are healthy.   
I have health insurance, online sessions with T, and well supplied with books. 
I'm getting a mental break from the day-to-day grind and doing some mental housekeeping. 
I relish my time with DD14 doing high school algebra and proofing essays. 
Pulling out yummy recipes that I can never seem to get to and enjoying food with my girls.
I am rockin' my to-do list
Working in my yard and dreaming of having chickens and other projects
I am grateful for time
I am grateful for folks here that share, encourage and inform- I have learned so much

Maybe someone wants to share as well ...

Poison Ivy

I am grateful that I live in a house with a backyard.
I am grateful for the companionship (and sometimes neediness) of my dog.
I am grateful that my close family members, including my children, who live in disease "hot spots," are currently healthy.

Andeza

I'm grateful that we have a nice length of sidewalk for walking in the neighborhood, and that the weather has been agreeable for getting out and doing just that.
I'm grateful none of us have gotten sick, because regardless of what the disease is, I hate being sick.
I'm grateful Amazon is still delivering books two day shipping so I don't get bored.
I'm grateful DH is still able to do some small things for income (for example, urgent home repairs for clients).
I'm grateful I stocked up food, etc, two months before lockdown. Family now appreciates this move.
I'm grateful that I upgraded my computer last fall so I can run pretty much any game I want right now.
I'm grateful for my family of choice, for our beautiful kitties who offer endless love.
I'm grateful for toilet paper.  :yes:
I'm grateful that last fall we sold our house, paid off all our debts, and now do not have the specter of unpaid bills hanging over our heads.

Hang in there everyone
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

1footouttadefog

Roses have thorns and thorny hedges often have flowers.

D.Dan

Today is my youngest child's birthday (they got a Tracker plushie from Paw Patrol!) their teacher made a special "Happy Birthday!" video for them online! My child loved it! Waving hi! Saying "happy birthday" back, it's was so adorable!

Then, a few minutes after posting the video... their teacher calls to wish them a happy birthday personally by phone! They had the cutest little chat, it made my child's day! And it made their teacher's day too!

Today especially, I am grateful for all the awesome people that are trying to help make my kids lives better during this difficult time! The teachers, the OTs, the therapists, doctors, dentists, pharmacists, grocery store employees, CPS, the police, everyone!

And a big THANK YOU!  :bighug: To everyone here for being so supportive!  :grouphug: