Medium Chill and Mother’s Day

Started by Lauren17, May 13, 2020, 08:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren17

How many Mothers Days have I spent angry or hurt because I was left to get up at dawn with a toddler or accused of being mean or selfish?  Every one since I was expecting my eldest and uBPDh proudly proclaimed that I was not a mother yet, as being pregnant "didn't count."
With medium chill and emotional disengagement this year, I was able to watch uBPDh actions throughout the day.
~He promised the kids they would bring me breakfast in bed  then he slept until nearly 10. He only got one mild comment from DD.
~Once awake, he tried to passive aggressive me into making him breakfast. When I calmly declined to do so, he made his own.
~Declared he was going to take a shower. Went to the bedroom, closed the door and lazed around on his phone. I went in to get a sweater and he was pretending to nap on my bed. I completely ignored him, grabbed the sweater and left. He almost immediately got in the shower. He spent about 2.5 hours hiding in the bedroom with the shower excuse.
~After shower, he came into the kitchen to find the girls and I happily working on our Mother's Day activity, listening to music. You could feel the disappointment coming off of him. So he turned up the TV to drown out our music. No one said anything, we just turned the music off.
~Finally, about 4:00 he gave up and decided to play nice. We all spent some time playing a game.  He even helped to clear up. And went out later to pick up dinner.
It was interesting to me to watch him try tactic after tactic to get his supply.
How did your Mother's Day go? Please share here.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

11JB68

Mine started with uocpdh telling me at 6am "it's time to get up".

Why?
Just because he says so...

I would love to sleep in on a Sunday....

11JB68

However my ds was home, gave me a thoughtful gift and card, helped me in the yard, cooked me a steak on the grill.
❤️

SparkStillLit

My updh was ill, legitimately so. I went out, picked up my own flowers, saw my mom and took her flowers (these are the kind you plant. It's our tradition.) I stayed out however long I felt like it. When I came home, the house was so clean I thought I was somehow at the wrong house. Dinner was later fixed without a single bit of input from me. I read and watched tv.
Really, it was one of the better ones.

Pepin

It was more or less a bland day.  DH didn't really do anything...DH grilled yes, but I prepped everything.

The only silver lining to this day was that DH did not include PDmil, for once.  That is a gift in itself.  He did however see her the day before -- getting an item on her to do list taken care of at her house.  It didn't go well and he left upset...so that kind of cast a shadow for the rest of the weekend.  *sigh*