When you can't unsee it

Started by 11JB68, April 20, 2020, 11:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

Now that I've been coming Out of the FOG there are so many things that I can see for what they are...I know that in the past I just completely missed these.
I can totally see how gaslighting, in it's most covert form can happen so easily...e.g.
If I'm home h expects me to make his coffee for him (a subgect for another time). I'm upstairs, busy, making the bed, putting away laundry etc. He stands at the bottom of the stairs and calls for me. I call back, yes? H: can you make me a coffee? Me: yes. H louder:11jb? Me louder: yes! This happened twice. The second time he says: "you might think you answered me. But I didn't hear anything"
(????I might THINK I answered him???)
So years ago, maybe I would have really thought oh gee... Did I only think in my head that I answered?
Then I come down to make the darn coffee... And he tells me that that really annoyed him!
Huh?
That I didn't answer loudly enough and then answered angrily.
Again, in the past I would have apologized. For what? I answered louder because he didn't hear me.

notrightinthehead

Indeed. Question: Do you still leave everything you are doing to make him a coffee when he yells for it?
I can't hate my way into loving myself.