How to react from a place of love when someone pisses you off.

Started by PeanutButter, April 23, 2020, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeanutButter

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-24474/how-to-react-from-a-place-of-love-when-someone-pisses-you-off.html
I just finished it. Its steps to take when someone you care about has hit one of your triggers.
It helps me to remind myself of even though I already know it.
I found my triggers are mostly 'emotional' flashbacks not 'memory' flashback. So it does require keeping awareness by monitoring physical responses to know when I am triggered. I also use the emotions when stronger than what the present situation seems to warrant as evidence its a wound from my past. Some of the origional wounds were more obvious to me than others were. Im sure some are still hidden from me still. I continue to release blame of others since it is my responsibility to 'deactivate' or learn to cope with them.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

PeanutButter

If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle