borderline personality disorder and Jehovah's Witnesses

Started by Feebee, May 12, 2020, 06:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feebee

So I googled borderline personality disorder and Jehovah's Witnesses, and this forum came up. As someone diagnosed with BPD and struggling all my life to follow Bible standards, and feeling like I dont belong there because I'm just too "bad", its devastating to read you debating whether we're all evil!! You do realise many have been abused, neglected and exposed to trauma from a very early age, and Jehovah saw it. Does he then draw them, knowing full well they'll fail? So by your comments, I guess I dont belong in Jehovah's organisation because I'm evil, and all those wicked things Jehovah hates you mentioned in that scripture. Thanks.

NumbLotus

Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

bloomie

Feebee - just taking a little detour from this conversation to direct you to our guidelines found here: https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=30.0

We welcome you here and have other members in this community who are diagnosed with a Personality Disorder. Our guidelines ask that we come here to discuss issues we have with the disordered patterns of behavior of loved ones. Not to discuss or debate from the perspective of a person with PD of some kind.

It is understandable that you would be triggered by this conversation as members are searching for answers, just as you are, around complicated issues in their relationships. 
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Spring Butterfly

Welcome and wishing you peace. Please understand Jehovah loves you very much as well as those who need to protect themselves and heal.

These articles are good reference
Living with a Mood Disorder
What You Should Know About Mental Disorders

This may help with why people can forgive and yet choose to self protect
What forgiveness is and isn't

Help for Victims of Domestic Abuse makes clear the abuser is responsible for their actions regardless of underlying problem. See reasoning in article on Romans 14:12

You may find comfort from this person's experience dealing with his war within. He has different issues but there are similar experiences you may find on the website.
Jehovah Cared for Me

Wishing you peace and healing.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing