Voice Chat Support Groups?

Started by iwillrise, May 21, 2020, 04:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwillrise

For those who are interested, we can create a skype or microsoft teams groups and have some sessions in which we talk to each other Live. Obviously, we don't have to show our faces, that is why I recommend group phone calls. I think it will be very beneficial for some of us to talk one on one with other fellow survivors. What do you think?

xredshoesx

Let me take a quick second and remind you of some of the guidelines of Out of the FOG

At this time this is not an area we are prepared to commit to organizing, hosting or lending support to.  If consenting adults choose to network with one another off the boards it's their right but we strongly discourage it because of the problems it can cause in real life if someone with an abusive spouse gets caught posting here or communicating with someone online.  I've shared the confidentiality guidelines below which support our position on this-

Confidentiality:

Confidentiality is important to the safety of everybody on our board.  It is strongly recommended that members not directly or indirectly disclose their own identity.  It's not uncommon for members to discover that the person with a personality disorder in their life has been reading at this site.

You are also discouraged from registering with a user name, email address or avatar that could be recognized.  Sites such as Yahoo and Google offer free anonymous email hosting.  You are strongly encouraged not to register using any email address that other people may have access to as the board will occasionally send information about your account to that address.

Please don't post any information that directly or indirectly discloses the identity of family members, friends or relationship partners.  This includes (but is not limited to) direct information such as real names, photographs, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc., as well as, indirect information such as pet names, local venues, etc.

If you should accidentally post information which compromises the confidentiality of yourself or someone close to you, you may contact a moderator or administrator designating the specific confidential information to be removed.  One administrative edit, of up to a maximum of 3 posts, will be given to each member.  After the first request, subsequent requests to edit posts by the same member will be denied.

Do not copy the contents of any personal or legal communications, documents, written correspondence, email, social media posts, personal messages, texts and recorded conversations verbatim into posts.

Members having off-board information about another member shall not disclose it.

Do not solicit personal contact information from other members on the boards or in PM, as this is considered a violation of privacy.  If someone volunteers their information in a personal context, it is their right to do so, but you are under no obligation to reciprocate.   Please respect the privacy of others as you wish your own privacy to be respected.   If someone solicits personal contact information from you and the solicitation makes you uncomfortable in any way, you are encouraged to report the incident to any Moderator or Administrator.

Any information posted which reveals identifying information about another individual will be modified or removed by the moderators.

iwillrise

I have just read the guidelines. Thank you for posting them here.