new member here

Started by bodhisattva, May 23, 2020, 10:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodhisattva

just joining in. guess I should have been here long ago, but like they say in al-anon, you're only ever late for your first meeting.
been living with a PD person for 26 years. even when I thought I had let go of trying to fix the situation, i so easily slipped back in to codependent behavior. after all the signs, all indications of them pulling away in their feeble attempt to leave, because that would mean taking ownership and responsibility on their part. It has to be my fault somehow so theirs another lame story, woe is me, she left me for someone else.
it took a loaded gun being tossed about, a wild ride home over 200 miles and then an hours long rage of fury culminating with them asking me to get the gun, load it and show them how to use it so they can kill themselves. Hello, 911? what's your emergency?
now on to the next steps of protecting myself and disassociating all finances, electronic records, bills, etc.
life is too short for shoulds. I shoulda done this long ago, but now it's time.

freedom77

The FOG is thick as pea soup, and it can take too long for it to clear, but once it does...all becomes clear.
Welcome to the group. I have to say this group has helped me a lot. I'm very grateful for having stumbled upon it in my Google searches for help dealing with pwPD, namely my BPD/N mother.

Yes, you are only ever late to your first meeting. I'm glad you are seeing the light of day. Good luck on your journey, and we're here for you!

PeanutButter

WELCOME!
That sounds like quite a tale. I anticipate more details leaked as you feel the need. :bigwink:

Im so glad you found us here at the forum. Im soooo glad I found the forum. ;D

I am divorced from unpdxH. I was raised by but I am NC with ubpd/uspdM. It is a one of a kind journey ime.

See you around. :wave:
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle