Dependency

Started by 11JB68, May 30, 2020, 09:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

Today's crisis: uocpdh has an upcoming follow-up Dr appt in about a week.
He hates going to the Dr. Hasn't been in years til his recent health crisis. I went to his first couple follow up appts with him.
He saw the next appt on the calendar and said you'll go with me right? I said I don't think I can, due to covid they're not allowing it. Wow. He freaked. But you'll drive me right? Me: and sit in the car alone for an hour? Him: well I don't have a car. (???) Me: I'll work from home that day and you take the car...
Him: I don't like going to the Dr. I already didn't want to go now I really don't want to. What if they tell me stuff, who will remember it? Me: bring paper and pen and take notes.

Yet his biggest argument with me is that ds22 needs to be an adult
??

For me this is a great opportunity for him to have to do this himself.

notrightinthehead

Wishing you strength that you can stick to your decision. You might have an unpleasant week and lots of JADE oppertunities with him trying to make you change your mind and telling you that you are uncaring.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

11JB68

Not right.... Oh yes, sounds like you've met my husband  ;)
I fully anticipate that.
In fact I was expecting circular arguments about it when I got back from errands yesterday... But no.
As it gets closer yes...

blacksheep7

Not easy for your H to go to the doctor, it's probably his worst fear as for many men.

You did well to let him tackle this on his own.  H and I go alone, unless going to the hospital in emergency or for an operation...don't know how it's working right now.
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou

11JB68

:stars:
Due to covid uocpdh's appt is now a phone appt...
He was so happy, it was like he won the lottery.
Now I get to be there to take notes
:wacko: