When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Started by gettingstronger1, June 06, 2020, 08:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gettingstronger1

It has been awhile since I have posted, so I wanted to say Hi and give you an encouraging update. Things have gone south with my family of origin and my MIL, but I am determined to make lemonade out of the lemons given to me. I am not going to let this make me a bitter person. Some good will come out of this situation with my family. I wanted to let you know that I am so excited that I have met some of my goals for myself  to try to make this world a better place. Since we aren't allowed to say specifically what we do for a living, I will just say that in general I work in the field of mental health. I have been able to meet one of my career goals that will enable me to help other people and get the message out that emotional abuse is damaging and it matters. The second goal I have meet is that I now have a website and I published my first blog on emotional abuse. I am so excited to finally be able to add to the information out there on emotional abuse! It seems like 10 or 15 years ago there just was not very much information out there on emotional abuse. I am so happy to see that people are talking about emotional abuse and narcissism more. Keep talking guys! Keep reaching out to others who have been hurt by personality disorders and abuse of all kinds. We can make a difference.  :) :grouphug: :wave:

PeanutButter

Congratulations! :applause:

You are doing great. Im proud of you! :bigwink:
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

SunnyMeadow

Quote from: gettingstronger1 on June 06, 2020, 08:47:03 AM
I will just say that in general I work in the field of mental health. I have been able to meet one of my career goals that will enable me to help other people and get the message out that emotional abuse is damaging and it matters.

Congratulations! I'm glad you've met some of your goals and are helping others by doing so! Way to go, you are definitely making a difference   :yes:

:yourock: