Inspiration

Started by Justme729, June 09, 2020, 11:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justme729

I am looking for a personalized image for my debit card.   I want something that represents my journal.   My favorite song, is "Fight Song".   I have a decorative set of boxing gloves that hang on my mirror in the car.  I would love to do something similar for my debit card (I don't think I can use that image due to copyrights).   

Any ideas?  Anything that gives you inspiration?   I'm not opposed to drawing something myself then taking a picture of it either.

Starboard Song

I don't want to go all counter-programming on you, but I believe we heal most by thinking of good and strong things. Every time you complete a financial transaction, I want you to see a beautiful pet or child, to think of your favorite musician or intrument, to remember your favorite vacation spot. I don't want each of those moments to be about fighting and resisting and overcoming.

That's just me, and it is not the answer you were asking for. But consider an aspirational image of hope, instead of one that reflects or reminds you of the battles.

If you wanted something that echoes your strength and resolve, there are any number of pictures of musicians (think Freddy Mercury), fists in the air, in a pose of defiant strength. Maybe one of those would meet both angles: reflecting your strength in battle and also being fully positive.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Justme729

Quote from: Starboard Song on June 09, 2020, 12:26:40 PM
I don't want to go all counter-programming on you, but I believe we heal most by thinking of good and strong things. Every time you complete a financial transaction, I want you to see a beautiful pet or child, to think of your favorite musician or intrument, to remember your favorite vacation spot. I don't want each of those moments to be about fighting and resisting and overcoming.

That's just me, and it is not the answer you were asking for. But consider an aspirational image of hope, instead of one that reflects or reminds you of the battles.

If you wanted something that echoes your strength and resolve, there are any number of pictures of musicians (think Freddy Mercury), fists in the air, in a pose of defiant strength. Maybe one of those would meet both angles: reflecting your strength in battle and also being fully positive.

My other card has my kiddos and puppy on it.   This one is literally my "take back my life" card.  :)
Sorry confusing!  I have always had joint bank accounts.  This is my first account that is just mine.  It has a lot of significance.   This is a season where I'm taking back my life and want the card to represent strength, resilience, etc. 

Starboard Song

Quote from: Justme729 on June 09, 2020, 12:47:09 PM
This one is literally my "take back my life" card.  :)

This is my first account that is just mine.  It has a lot of significance.

So great!

Check out the Rosie-the-Riveter-like image, here.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward