I'm free!

Started by psychology.student, September 10, 2020, 03:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychology.student

Hi, everyone,

a year ago I posted about my BF and his unhealthy relationship with grandma. He always put her first, she was emotionally abusive to both of us, and now I realize, so was he. They mocked my cooking and baking and studying and so on. We broke up then and now I must tell you that was the best thing they ever did for me.

My BF abused me - looks like I just couldn't face this fact before. He called me names, he despised me, he made me feel bad about myself, nothing I did was ever good enough for him (cooking, cleaning, and even me as a person). Sometimes he got even physically violent. He's a psychopath and so is his grandma. But now it's time to tell you that I'm free!

Yes, it was hard to be on my own at first. But looking back at the previous year, I made huge progress. I got to know myself better. I like the new version of myself. I have built wonderful friendships, moved to my own apartment, my grades got even better (although they were already excellent before). I even became a blogger - I write a blog where I post a new dessert recipe each week - and no one is mocking me anymore!

But most importantly, I started dating a wonderful guy who wants to know the real me, who makes time for me, who likes me for who I am and puts me first. We see each other every weekend although we live 2 hours of driving apart. This week, we planned to be together on Friday. On Saturday he should be on a family trip. He got told that he has to work on Friday longer, so we rescheduled our date to Saturday and he cancelled his family trip for me! Something that would have never happened in my previous relationship, so I know he's a keeper.

Thank you all for support! It's hard to let go, indeed, but believe me, it is possible! You can be free as I am!

practical

Congratulations! You changed yourself, the only person you can change, and you are the better for it. Wishing you all the best.
If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

SunnyMeadow

What a relief, psychology.student! You must feel like a huge weight is lifted.

I'm sure your ex-bf and his grandma will be quite happy together.  :roll:

Boat Babe

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :party: :party:

And I love Sunny Meadow's comment.
It gets better. It has to.