Dealing with ex-partner who is physiologically aware

Started by Cartier, July 16, 2020, 04:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeanutButter

Quote from: Cartier on July 19, 2020, 11:32:03 AM
Thank you all for your words, and thank you to PeanutButter for sharing that terrifying account, it sounds absolutely terrible to go through - I am so, so sorry to hear this, but very relieved that you have survived this ordeal!

I am trying to think of how best to proceed. I am supposed to be going on secondment to another country in September/October, but what to do in the meantime.

My ex is aware of the impending transfer, and keeps saying that they are intending to return to their home country, but has been saying that they are too ill to either drive the long journey or navigate an airport, plus has been saying that COVID would be a death sentence to them (as I said in the welcome forum, everything always comes back to their health - anything that they don't like becomes some conspiracy to wreck their health and "destroy" them). Of course, I do not know how things with them will be when I next return to the property.
Could someone go with you? Once you are there is there a lock on your bedroom door?
Always have your phone in your hand ready. Could you get pepper spray or something like that?
Ime be paraniod. If nothing happens thats great. If it does you are ready with plans of defense/escape.
Could you wait to go back for your stuff at a later date? Maybe stay with a friend or relative to post pone going back today?
Listen closely to your gut and trust your instincts instead of second guessing them ime.
If you need the police again call them. Dont let their attitude keep you from calling if something escalates!
Ill be thinking about you.  :bighug:
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

Outofhere

Just reading this is giving me flashbacks and chills. Wow am I glad I'm gone. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T go back there! Find somewhere he won't look - I was going to buy a used mobile home but found somewhere else first. When I left, I erased my tracks so I he couldn't follow me. Here are a few things I'd recommend.

Shut the location settings on your phone and any other electronics you might have. Watch all your digital tracks - get a new debit card so there's no chance of him locating where you're buying gas and groceries if he has your mail/bank statements at your place. Change all your passwords as well, on any online accounts.

And don't go back. Be safe.