New Here but Sadly Not New to This PD

Started by AliceTtheLGlass, July 21, 2020, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceTtheLGlass

Hello,

I'm glad to be among other people who, unfortunately have likely suffered to one degree or another as a result of their involvement with someone who has BPD.

My priority right now is to read as much as I can about boundaries. Not what they are and why you need them: I understand all of that. I'm more interested in as many examples of how to actually convey the boundary in words to the pwBPD.

I did a search on the word "boundary" and a LOT of results pulled up but I can only see one post out of that particular thread. One of the search results mentioned a "boundary thread" in the resources but I can't seem to locate it.

Your help is definitely appreciated! Thank you  :wave:

xredshoesx

welcome to the group-

i think a lot of the time when people start expressing their boundaries and what they are working on with whom it's so individual and so personal to their unique situation that it may not show up in a search.   it's also possible that the thread was pruned or removed- i can see what i can find there as well.

for me i think of boundaries as stuff i'm just no longer doing/ engaging in.  right now i'm not in direct contact with my MIL or my one boss who may have a PD, so it's been an easy summer, however i made my boundary easy- it's the word no.  no i can't right now, no that won't work for our schedule. no i am not interested.  it's worked really well and as long as i don't JADE when i get pushed (esp by my boss who tries hard) over time it's been easier.

is the person you want to make boundaries with in a familial relationship, a work situation or a romantic relationship-  being able to point you to one of the boards more specific for that relationship may help because then you can post/ bounce questions off of the other folks in similar situations to find out what worked/ didn't work for them.

hope to hear back soon- if i can find that thread i'll post it here too.

xredshoesx