Low hanging fruit....Covid fallout

Started by 1footouttadefog, July 22, 2020, 12:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1footouttadefog

I am realizing I have been settling for low hanging fruit of late. 

Low quality entertainment, low quality media and news, short cuts in food prep at times, dressing in grubby clothes, lots and lots of little things.  Slobby19 ??

I am deciding today that I am no longer in a timeout for covid.  This is obviously not going to end any time soon. I need to quit acting like it will and that I am on a short term vacay and all will resolve next week or something.

Back to work and quality of life despite covid 19 for me.  At least I have lost some weight, lol.

Andeza

I got into that funk for a bit too, mostly because I was stuck at home with a toddler that loves going out and exploring and it was too hot to go outside to explore (still is).

I've limited my news intake, gotten into a really fun video game, and bought an Instant Pot.

We'll get through it. No idea how long it'll take, but we'll manage no matter. Good for you getting yourself in order! And congratulations on the weight loss.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

GettingOOTF

May was bad for me. I was eating junk, not moving, watching junk on Netflix that I couldn't even tell you about the next day.

I got back on track though. I keep reminding myself that life isn't over and at some point we will all get to start moving about and traveling again. I want to come out if this the best version of myself, not having to spend months getting back the life I had before we all went in to lockdown.

It's difficult for me to stay motivated but I'm doing really well in general. I allow myself days to do nothing but I make them intentional.

BefuddledClarity

Same, can relate to that very much!

Used to do hobbies, went outside often to do activities, used to explore too.
Then when I became pregnant, it slowed done a bit and when I had the little one it slowed done more. Now with COVID, I feel trapped---just like how I felt living in that god-forbidden small town where my parents restricted me from doing anything (only girl) but my brothers could do what they wanted(but never took advantage, because they were too busy playing videogames for the most part in their teens).

Now? Same as you stated, watching/reading low entertainment, dressed grubby and I hardly ever go out of the house unless to drop off the little one to daycare...I work from home, and since he's VERY young and I'm taking calls/working on projects, I can't handle him.

The only time I feel really relieved and okay is whenever I'm home alone, no work. I can doll myself up, clean, cook a decent meal, and play videogames or do other hobbies. It's kinda nice.

SparkStillLit

Well, I've been working this whole time, and I work outside. Though our office is closed to the public, it's our choice to go in, so I have.
Long story one thing and another, I've gotten quarantined at home with updh. OH MY STARS. It's only been a few days and I already feel like going mad. So I'm going to take tips. I can still go do private things without any risk to other people. Like kayak. I'm not by anyone. Right now I'm listening to DS's playlist that I listen to in the field all the time. It sort of makes me feel like I'm outside. Kind of silly I know. I'm still wearing "real" clothes. I am working from home. I'm waiting on test results, and it might be a long wait. I can't go mad.

Lauren17

All of this. About 6 weeks ago, I got on the scale and saw a number unseen since my last pregnancy!  That was it for me.
I've been getting dressed to work from home, dramatically increased fruits and veggies and I'm getting up to move once every hour. It's helped, but still have hard days.
Next, I need to find exercise as both my gym and yoga studio have gone out of business.  Does anyone have online support?
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

1footouttadefog

I discovered that there are some very good looking guys making workout videos.

I need to learn more body weight exercises and small dumbbell workouts so I think I am going to work out with the guys. 

And actually they are more polite and less meat market acting than the young women who make workout videos, and did I mention they are good looking ;)