My New Home!

Started by Kat54, July 27, 2020, 09:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

Closing on my new house this week!  Not yet divorced, but that's OK, all in good time. I can't believe I have finally have a home that is all mine to do what ever I want, whenever I want. Decorate the way I like. Ordered new bedroom furniture yesterday. My ex and I only had throw away furniture from the curb. We always made our house look beautiful, the only room that never looked nice was our bedroom. Very telling I always thought.
He was so controlling I could never pick anything out, if I insisted on something I liked or bought without him there, never heard the end of it at how he hated what I bought and so ugly; so I gave up.
To not be homeless anymore after almost 3 years, and living off the kindness of family and friends. Hope I can do for others, what people did to help me. I'll always always be forever grateful. 

ToAudrey

Kat that sounds wonderful! Congratulations on the new home and the freedom to make selections without being berated.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

GettingOOTF

Congratulations. You have come so so far!

We also only had throw away and curb furniture. My space is small but it's exactly how I want it. I'm grateful for it every single day.

pushit

Congratulations!!!!!!

Owning my own house again has been one of the most freeing things in my journey, I'm sure you'll find this to be true in your case as well.  To be able to choose how you want it to look and feel without anyone else placing restrictions is very liberating.  Our marital home was always decorated to look like a happy family home, in order to keep up the facade.  It was set up so sweetly it could have been featured in a magazine shoot, but it was all fake.  Plus, I've been able to get rid of the belongings she "deemed" I could take.  Mainly junk, and the gifts I had given her over the years.  They've since been donated to the local thrift store.  My house feels like a home again.  I'm happy when I'm here, instead of finding reasons to stay away.

Enjoy your new home, meet the neighbors and get going on this fresh start.  I'm very happy for you!!

Kat54

Thanks, I'm beyond elated.  Our home also looked picture perfect, beautiful furniture, everything in its place. He did have great taste in decorating. The few things I fought for when we built the house he would always point out to people. Our kitchen cabinets, he wanted everything white and I insisted on maple. To this day he always says, its OK I would of made them white, these cabinets make the kitchen look dark.  He always had to point out a flaw if he didn't choose it. It would make me insane.  Since he now owns the house I'm sure he will change the cabinets to white.  :roll:

SeaGlass

Bunnyme

:cheer: :banana: :party:
That's fantastic!  I'm just at the beginning...contacted an agent today.  I'm so excited for you.  Just the beginning of a whole new beginning. 

blunk

Congratulations Kat54! That is such a big, wonderful step.

I also love what you said about being able to do for others, what others did to help you. Such a great attitude to have moving forward in this new chapter of your life!