Mother of Adult NPD Son

Started by DeltaMom, August 08, 2020, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaMom

I don't even know what to say except I'm weary and tired. I'm just introducing myself right now and I will probably be able to say more later. But the hell that I have been going through with my 25 yo son is unreal. Doctor started me on Zoloft two weeks ago and I have yet to feel the effects. Smh. Can hardly think or cope. That's it for now.
DeltaMom

xredshoesx

i am so glad you found the group delta mom and i hope the medication starts helping soon,

before anything else, i want to remind you that nothing you did or didn't do made your son the way he is.  you didn't cause it,  you can't control it, and you can't cure it.  he can get help and treatment, but for that to work, he needs to be at the wheel of the process.

we have an active group of members working together on the parents' discussion board
Parents' Discussion

be gentle with yourself today and when you are ready to share more, we're listening.

bloomie

Hi there and welcome. Glad you are here for support and encouragement. Thankful you are reaching out and I am so sorry for the troubles you are having with your son. Looking forward to seeing you out there on the boards when you feel you are ready.

In the meantime, put up your feet, read, absorb all the help and info there is for you here.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

DeltaMom

Thank you, both. Appreciate you.

momnthefog

DeltaMom,

Welcome.....please come over to the Parents Discussion and share your story there when you are ready.

Lots of us are walking in your shoes.

Hugs,

Momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

Janeite V

DeltaMom, let's hope the zoloft will kick in soon and that this site will be one of many resources to help you and your son. Honestly, you are already so brave to have acknowledged this and to have sought out help.

Good luck to you and I hope things will become clearer and less exhausting for you soon  :blush: