PD will not stop shouting

Started by Xyz, August 10, 2020, 04:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyz

PD shouts in motel rooms at all hours of the day and night.  Midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am, he will shout at any hour.  This is a regular occurrence.  He will shout at length, he will shout for hours at a time, for example from 2:30am until 4:30am.  We have been evicted from two motels because of PD's shouting (we were evicted from a third for other behavior of PD.)

We are staying in a motel (we travel for PD's work.)  This is a budget motel, with typical budget motel walls.  I can hear when people in adjoining rooms are talking.  PD started shouting this morning, before 5am.  Started shouting anger, accusations, and insults when he saw that I had cut his leftover steak into pieces to pack into his lunch.  I tell him, as I always do, as if he doesn't know this, to stop shouting, adjoining room can hear him, we are going to be evicted.  It makes no difference, he will not stop shouting.  This morning wasn't even a 'bad' one, as he was only able to shout for a short time before he had to leave for work.  I cannot believe we have not been evicted.  Or that no other guest has called the police, as most of his shouting is in the middle of the night and sounds like the abuse that it is.         
Xyz
Truth outweirds fiction.

1footouttadefog

He enjoys having a captive audience. 

I can for humors sake imagine myself giving the audience something to hear after he left.

Hey everyone I am so sorry for what my H did just now with all the yelling.  However if you knew just how short his winky is you would understand the pressure he is under.  His ED on top of having a small winky plaques him to no end.

When he saw other hotel guests he would see them laughing or snickering and wonder why. 

PeanutButter

Quote from: xyzxo on August 10, 2020, 04:31:59 PM
PD shouts in motel rooms at all hours of the day and night.  Midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am, he will shout at any hour.  This is a regular occurrence.  He will shout at length, he will shout for hours at a time, for example from 2:30am until 4:30am.  We have been evicted from two motels because of PD's shouting (we were evicted from a third for other behavior of PD.)

We are staying in a motel (we travel for PD's work.)  This is a budget motel, with typical budget motel walls.  I can hear when people in adjoining rooms are talking.  PD started shouting this morning, before 5am.  Started shouting anger, accusations, and insults when he saw that I had cut his leftover steak into pieces to pack into his lunch.  I tell him, as I always do, as if he doesn't know this, to stop shouting, adjoining room can hear him, we are going to be evicted.  It makes no difference, he will not stop shouting.  This morning wasn't even a 'bad' one, as he was only able to shout for a short time before he had to leave for work.  I cannot believe we have not been evicted.  Or that no other guest has called the police, as most of his shouting is in the middle of the night and sounds like the abuse that it is.       
Im so sorry. That seems so embarrassing among other things.
I would probably stop even telling him to stop. Im thinking maybe there is a chance that he might not find as much enjoyment from it if you didnt react.
Obviously you will have emotions about it you cant change that. But you could try putting on a calmness vaneer and ignoring that he is yelling. Since he doesnt stop when your tell him to or remind him that you will be evicted it wouldnt hurt to just not say any of these things next time he does this.
Im glad you shared your frustrations here wher its safe and we understand.
Hold compassion and acceptance for yourself through this. It has to be very difficult. :hug:
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

notrightinthehead

Do you have to be with him while he is shouting?
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

1footouttadefog

Do you have enough money to rent a second room?  Maybe that would stop the cycle.

can remember a time when my pdh would like to get up in the wee hours and start a rant.  Fortunately that aspect of things went away with medication. 

He was in flight or fright mode all the time and found a release from his panic/fight mode brain chemistry by starting an argument.  Prasosin (spelling?)  a blood pressure med helps him by attenuating his response to the adrenaline he produces and or reduces its production.  It also helps with his sleep.