Technical-about no UN autofill

Started by Lookin 2 B Free, August 22, 2020, 01:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookin 2 B Free

When I go to log in and put the cursor on the box for user name, it autofills.  I don't feel safe with this as anyone using my computer and finding this website can discover which posts I've entered and read them even if they don't have the password to log in.  Is there a way to keep the autofill from happening?    Thanks!

xredshoesx

it could be a combination of two things-  some browsers do it automatically unless you disable the function.  one tip we recommend no matter what is to close your browser completely when you are done using the site and clear history/ cookies.  remember that clearing history will disrupt saved passwords for all sites so proceed with caution.

Andeza

Additionally, if you use Chrome, you can access all saved passwords in the settings and selectively delete the ones you don't want saved. That way you don't lose all your convenient saved passwords to get rid of one. I'm not familiar with other browser types, so cannot advise.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

Lookin 2 B Free

Many thanks!  I figured it out.  I needed to turn off autofill on Chrome.

xredshoesx

awesome!  i will see if we can make this thread part of our FAQ page because i'm sure it could help others with the same concerns!  carry on, citizens!

xredshoesx

another member of the team suggested using the incognito function of the chrome browser-