Everyone is insane except the narc.

Started by Concerned One, August 23, 2020, 05:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concerned One

My father is mad.
Elder brother has issues. Divorced. Wife #2 mad.
Younger brother has issues. Divorced.
I myself have possibly ADD; depression; schizophrenia etc

And then there is mother. Perfectly normal. Healthy. Well-adjusted.  Pity the poor woman who ha to put up with all the above lunatics in her life.

Thankfully I have woken up and can see who the real lunatic is.

I can't quite grasp the horror of coming to terms with being brought up by a person who is quite happy seeing everyone around her actually diagnosed with a mental illness. Actively encouraging it too.

What the actual fuck.... :doh:

Adrianna

Google Projection as emotional abuse.

It's not uncommon with pd behavior.

They will accuse others of things that are actually true about themselves. Everyone else is the problem but they're fine! According to them anyway.
Practice an attitude of gratitude.

Concerned One

But seriously. What kind of person is willing to see their own family officially diagnosed and treated for mental illness?

This is beyond scary. This is suicide material.

I half believe suicides are committed by the sane who cannot come to terms with the insanity around them.

Honey_B

Quote from: Concerned One on August 23, 2020, 06:49:14 AM
But seriously. What kind of person is willing to see their own family officially diagnosed and treated for mental illness?

This is beyond scary. This is suicide material.

I half believe suicides are committed by the sane who cannot come to terms with the insanity around them.

Yes, thats exactly what it is. Its the stuff horror movies are made of and yet its so commen. My mother LOVES seeing my sister being helpless, in and out of psych hospitals. Because then my mother can milk sympathy from everyone around her about having such a sick daughter. Once in a while my sister will get better but mother will certainly create some kind of drama that sends her right back to square one. So she has my sister dependent on her both mentally and financially. It will never stop until one of them dies. And even then, who knows...

I escaped a long time ago and have been the black sheep for years. Its hard to watch the pattern repeating itself year after year after year.