Difficult conversations with PD

Started by Sheppane, August 25, 2020, 05:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psuedonym

Kat1984,

I'm really happy that helped a bit and I think your analogy is very accurate. I think that it wasn't until I went NC that I truly realized how disordered and how entrenched in her version of reality that my M was. As my H put it, she had one remaining close relative (me), and all she had to do was agree to change her behavior going forward to still have that. I wasn't even looking for an apology. But nope, she couldn't even lie and make a half hearted attempt at change without really meaning it. She chose to go to her grave claiming she was wonderful and had never ever done anything less than wonderful. It's completely nuts and self destructive, but there it is.  :stars:

:bighug:

nanotech

Quote from: guitarman on August 25, 2020, 01:58:24 PM

"You have choices. Maybe for the first time you realise that you do. Doing nothing is still a choice. Not reacting is a choice. Staying calm is a choice. You decide what you want to do."

Wow to guitarman. This is the heart of it. It's not easy to do nothing- but yes- it's a choice and it's a response. Thinking of you. I'm trying too right now.

BlakeParsons

for me conversations are the most vulnerable thing, I mean, it's pretty difficult, I'd say it's impossible sometimes