Committed to...not working on it?

Started by SeaBreeze, August 28, 2020, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBreeze

Week 2 of empty nest. (Youngest started college this month; the older two kids are in their 20s and left home several years ago.) In recent years, all 3 kids have expressed their concern of whether I'd be okay alone with uNPDh once the youngest left home. Well...it's *my* behavior that may be escalating, not H's. Because after 20 years but with the kids now gone? I find I have zero motivation to "play nice" for another 20 years.

I anticipated this day since, well, the youngest was in diapers, and have quietly been planning my exit strategy the past few years. I guess I thought I'd have a bit more time to exit? Still posting here in "Committed to" for now, as I find I need medium chill, no JADE, etc more so than ever to keep *myself* from losing my temper. Years of pent up anger definitely bubbling to the surface without anyone else here to distract me or uNPDH from each other.

I started gradually decluttering and downsizing a few months ago as part of my exit plan. Let me tell you, it's a full-blown project now! Funneling my energy and focus into selling or donating all this physical, material CRAP that symbolizes the emotional and spiritual baggage weighing me down. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

notrightinthehead

Good for you! Keep posting and sharing your journey to health here as an inspiration for others.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

11JB68

I'm in a very similar place/life stage and fortunately Updh started a decluttering project recently which I embraced wholeheartedly!
My anger lately is seething just before the surface and has occasionally come out in ways that I'm not proud of.