The Gaslight Effect

Started by LemonLime, August 29, 2020, 11:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonLime

Just finished this one.  I thought it was a good primer in regards to learning about gaslighting.
I most appreciated the sample replies to attempted gaslighting.   I wrote them all down and will practice them with the hopes that with the next attempt at gaslighting I will have a quick comment to get me out of there.   As of now, I freeze.  And I hate that.

I hope others read this (it's also an audiobook) and I'd love to hear your comments.

Penny Lane

I haven't read this but I'm going to put it on my list!

veritas

Gaslighting is a tough issue to tackle so I give you kudos for working on that. I found in my experience that once I learned about it I did not feel so  :stars: Still feel that way sometimes but it short lived or I can talk myself off the imaginary ledge. Encouraging you to keep on learning, its the best we all can do for ourselves in dealing with those with PD.

Free2Bme

Thanks for the recommendation LemonLime, 

I will add it to my ever growing pile on my nightstand........... so many books, so little time   ;)

LemonLime

I'll add that I still have all those helpful phrases from the book in my mind.  I haven't had to use them yet, but they are at the ready, and I do believe that makes all the difference.   When I'm prepared, I'm less of a sitting duck.  And I believe my uPDsib can smell vulnerability a mile away.
If I'm less of a target because of my knowledge, I feel I've met my goal.