Can't believe it -- he left

Started by 20yrsofcrazy, September 12, 2020, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20yrsofcrazy

still processing...

I asked if updh if he could possibly go stay with his parents until he closes on his house.  I'm not used to him acquiescencing to anything I ask so for him to do it with little to no fight has me reeling. 

Is this for real?  He's out of my house.  I don't even know how to feel...

Thankful but is this too easy???   

sad_dog_mommy

Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment!   You have achieved a major milestone!   :applause:

Prior to my exBPDbf moving out I kept a list of things I wouldn't miss when he was gone.   Ironically the thing I didn't have on the list was the thing I appreciated most.    I no longer had to walk on eggshells! 

Do something just for yourself tonight.   Watch a funny movie.   Take a hot bubble bath.   Crawl into bed with a hot cup of tea and a book.   

Tomorrow might be a good day to "reclaim" your space.   Maybe freshen up your bedroom with new sheets?   

Keep looking forward!    :)
Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you are trying to be everyone else's anchor.   

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

Unconditional love doesn't mean you have to unconditionally accept bad behavior.

20yrsofcrazy

Sad dog mommy

I already changed the sheets!!

My son made sure I had all my pillows arranged in the middle of the bed.  I've been sleeping on couch for over 3 weeks so being in king size bed alone will feel amazing.   

Thank you!  I am already breathing easier. 

Rose1

Deep breath, enjoy, and my practical side says change the locks. Hope it continues to go peacefully  :bighug:

Stillirise

Just checking in...how is it going for you, 20yrs?! I hope you are finding the time to exhale and enjoy some peace.  :bighug:
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou

20yrsofcrazy

Stillrise,

I'm doing pretty good.   Much less stress within my four walls feels amazing.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the other shoe drop but trying to manage that.

His mask is starting to crack as i think he is realizing this is actually happening and he's not coming back "home."  He is blaming me for most everything these days.  I try to just let it roll off my back but its hard not to take the blame because that is my default  setting...trying to fix everything so he won't explode.  But that's not my job anymore... never was.

Thank you for checking on me.   :bighug:

Rose1

Maybe reality is starting to bite. Maybe he has a pile of unwashed socks. Stay strong  :bighug: