Npd mom raging against covid rules

Started by Writingthepain, September 14, 2020, 10:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Writingthepain

My narcissist mom hates being told what to do, so this new world of covid rules is hell for her.

She wears a mask under protest, refuses to social distance or use the one way systems laid out in stores.

On the flip side she loves telling people off for not obeying the rules and takes great delight in walking around stores loudly declaring:
'look at these people! They're not social distinting at all!'
Its said loudly to me but in fact meant for everyone else.

On several occasions she has bypassed the queue for the store and sneaked in,  thinking herself so clever, only to be caught by a member of staff and made to go out and queue again.

Shes more of a nightmare than ever and believes that while everyone else should obey the rules, that she herself should be excluded from them.

Andeza

If I tried going somewhere with someone like that, I would probably just not go. It's stressful enough without that nonsense. I think I would be chronically unavailable for the foreseeable future in your case. She'll manage.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

blacksheep7

Like all narcs, they decide the rules and hate being told what to or not to do!   And above all being criticized for their behavior towards anything you will confront them with, even if it is to protect them.

Saturday my kids, gkids and dh celebrated my bday, special milestone in my backyard.  For some who knows my story with my dd and her narc traits will get it. 

I was walking past her and in a conversation with everyone and I happened to express myself with a loud word ........not thinking and spraying it.  omgosh   She threw a «watch it mom....»  I said I was sorry but in the excitement of my foc I didn't think.... :blush:

Later my two kids and their partners were on my swing and close knit together.  My kids are very close but also too much physically, teasing and in eachothers face in these times of covid. Their NF babysits my dd kids, hugs them etc. because he doesn't work, not like my dh I was told :roll:

That is BS, he has a very active social life.  My kids don't seem to care as long as their needs are met.

I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou

Hepatica

That has got to be on the Red Flag list of NPD traits - hate being told what to do, and love telling others what to do. And sneaking in the line!! OMG. I know a couple in my family exactly like this. I hadn't thought of it as NPD behaviour, but I think it absolutely is. They think they're above everyone else. I guess that's the entitlement part.
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue