Help with post

Started by Boxermom, September 19, 2020, 03:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boxermom

Hi. I'm sure I am making this to complicated but I cannot figure out how to respond to the replies others have given me on a thread I started. I have been trying for a couple days to find a "reply" link but I can't seem to find one. Can someone please explain? Thanks so much!

xredshoesx

i'm only using the forum on a chromebook so for me, the reply button is at the bottom of the screen in the middle under the last response on a thread.  i'm seeing if i can flag another moderator who may also use a phone because the interface is a little different when working on a mobile.  hope this helps!

moglow

Look below the last post in a thread/conversation. There's a blue line of buttons with a left-pointing arrow on the left end and a printer icon on the right. Click on the arrow pointing left, that's the "reply" button.
Welcome!!
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

Starboard Song

Quote from: Boxermom on September 19, 2020, 03:21:36 PM
Hi. I'm sure I am making this to complicated but I cannot figure out how to respond to the replies others have given me on a thread I started. I have been trying for a couple days to find a "reply" link but I can't seem to find one. Can someone please explain? Thanks so much!

I see that you have replied already to comments on your Welcome Mat post, so perhaps you already found the REPLY button at the bottom of the thread. If so, maybe you are wanting to reply to a particular comment, quoting it, as I have done here. If so, look at a single comment you are interested in. Right along the top of every comment, over on the right side, you should see a Quote option. Selecting that will create a reply that begins with a quote of the post in question. It works the same whether on desktop or mobile.

As a courtesy, I encourage folks not to quote long posts in full. You can edit the quote down to only the part you wanted to comment on. You can also create your own quote by typing it like this:

(quote) The stuff you want to quote goes here. (/quote)

You type it like that, but use brackets instead of parentheses.   
[  instead of  (
]  instead of  ) 

Using brackets makes it look like this
QuoteThe stuff you want to quote goes here.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

stormbrewing

Not sure if this applies to you, but I use apple devices and after installing new iOS over the weekend I lost a lot of functionality on this site, including the command bar that contains the reply icon, the quote box and the pm/email options. I logged out and logged back in and they reappeared. When all else fails, turn it off and back on again?

xredshoesx

Quote from: stormbrewing on September 23, 2020, 07:59:07 AM
Not sure if this applies to you, but I use apple devices and after installing new iOS over the weekend I lost a lot of functionality on this site, including the command bar that contains the reply icon, the quote box and the pm/email options. I logged out and logged back in and they reappeared. When all else fails, turn it off and back on again?

TY so much for the info- that may help A LOT of members, not just our OP.  i lost full functionality of two aps i have to use for work on my phone and i was like OH YEAH updatesss.