Newbie alert

Started by Clareeclair, October 30, 2020, 12:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clareeclair

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to get some clarity, I think I have a PD but think it's a combination.
So short (hopefully) history.... 44yo with 3 children, left ex husband 5years ago fleeing DV. Have since had relationships that I feel is the real thing. They've moved in then I'm over it , overnight almost. I have now emotion towards them no guilt or empathy. My eldest has moved to USA, my middle daughter is moving in with her Dad. Just me, my son and our dog live here. I Have work colleagues who I have great relationships with, my family only get in touch when its birthday etc. That dosent upset me really. I take anti-depressants, but thinktheres more to it iykwim. I dont have hobbies, I don't really know who I am.
I'm really hoping this sounds familiar to someone. Take care xx

notrightinthehead

Welcome! This site is mostly for someone dealing with people with personality disorders. Check out the Personality disorders tab to find descriptions of the traits.
As you have escaped a DV situation - did you get help for the trauma that you suffered while in this relationship? What makes you think that you have a PD?
When I escaped from my abusive marriage I also had no idea who I was. I did not even know what I wanted to do when I found myself with a few free hours. It took time and effort to get to know myself and regain a sense of self. I am not saying that this might be the same for you, this is how it was for me.
There is a lot of information on this site, I hope you will find it helpful.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Clareeclair

Hi,
Thanks for your message, I was in a refuge so had a weekly session with my key worker but no official therapy sessions. I will look further into the site x