More validation about former co-worker

Started by 11JB68, November 11, 2020, 07:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

I don't know if I posted about this at the time. I started my job over 3 years ago. Loved it. Boss seemed quirky but ok. Then she flipped. The more I learned the more it became clear she was not 'right'. She may have a pd. At some point she stepped down and I became manager. Eventually she left. Things were REALLY bad for me towards the end with her.
Other folks at this job had similar issues, so even though I had moments when I wondered if it was me, I knew it wasn't
I heard a story this week about someone who has worked with her somewhere else, had an issue with her, the comment was something like 'she almost ruined my life'.
Wow.
Validating but so so sad.
So awful that people can go through life treating other human beings like that.

clara

I am convinced people like her get through life because they always manage to have someone in their corner.  They have someone, either at work or at home or more likely both, who normalizes their behavior, or shrugs it off as no big deal, or is seriously co-dependent with the PD.  At work, it's generally people who are either benefitting in some way, or who are blindly "charmed" by the PD and refuse to admit they were wrong about them.  I saw this repeated twice in the department I worked for.  And both times, the PD was dismissed from their position but only after considerable damage was done.  Both times, they had supporters who stuck with them until their inevitable demise after which they were all I-don't-know-him/her.   

During those times I heard some pretty awful stuff come out of their PD mouths, but the absolute worst was when the boss, who caused someone to quit, commented (around several people, I was one) that, "he seemed very depressed.  Do you think he'll commit suicide?" in a tone indicating not only was he totally uninterested but almost amused, like, haha do you think he'll commit suicide?!   Just awful...