Setting new boundaries and going NC

Started by Bunnyme, November 15, 2020, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnyme

He called from rehab.  He keeps calling each day with nothing really to say.  Except he told me that he did yoga today.  How lovely for him  :roll:  and asked me to paypal him $20 from the card he left for me.  He also asked if the family counselor had gotten ahold of me yet.  I want to go basically NC.  Maybe 2 days a week, he can call the kids, but I dont want to talk to him.  I want to tell the family counselor to buzz off (not literally, but I have no desire to do any counseling).  I am wondering, though, if it would be a counselor as a potential witness for him saying how I refused to support him or was uncooperative.   I also dont know how much, if anything, I should share.  Will it matter?

notrightinthehead

When my brother did not want to speak to me, he immediately put his son on the phone after greeting me. It was very effective.
As for the family counselor - as you don't want to see him, what about doing nothing? However, I would be prepared with a list of all of H's behaviours that make it hard to be with him. And how the counselor can help him to make changes.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.