Started by doglover99, November 21, 2020, 01:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doglover99

I have recently started going to therapy for multiple reasons, I have barely scratched the surface of my issues with my therapist. However, I remain hopeful that I am on the right track. That is why I am here. I have spent my whole life surrounded by PD parents and siblings. It is a struggle I am still dealing with until I am able to free myself. I still have so many battles to face and I'm fighting everyday.

xredshoesx

welcome to the forum doglover99,

i'm glad you are taking steps to get some therapy-  i think that's the only way i recovered from my own childhood with uPD strong in the maternal side, plus a bad relationship with someone who was most likely PD-  we have sections for all kinds of family relationships, post in the ones that help you the most- the only thing we ask is to not make duplicate posts in the different parts of the forum.

every small step forward you make in your therapy is you fighting to be you free of their abuse.  keep taking those small steps and when you are ready to share more, we're listening.

D.

I am so happy that you reached out here.  I am sorry for all of the pain you experienced.  I want to commend you on the steps that you are taking to heal.
Therapy can be incredibly helpful.  I  joined  recently and have found these boards and all the information on the site to be extremely helpful.  Thank you for inviting us in to be a part of your journey and healing.  I trust you to continue to find what you need here, in other ways, and am heartened by your hope. 

BestLife08

It's great to hear you've started your healing journey... the first step is the most important one.  I'm a couple of years into the process, and I want to say that it does get better once you understand what you went through (i.e. you're not crazy) and begin making steps to move through it.  For example, I was suffering panic attacks on a regular basis - absolutely horrifying and debilitating,  Those have been virtually eliminated, with some rare and minor relapses but nothing like they were. So keep at it, it definitely can and will improve with knowledge and effort. 

For anyone struggling with anxiety and esp. panic attacks, I highly recommend DARE by Barry McDonagh.  I found it very helpful.

I hope you have a beautiful day.