and the pd housemate saga continues...

Started by ShyTurtle, December 30, 2020, 06:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyTurtle

I am really trying to be strong here guys, but I just went to make some food for myself and noticed that there is now dog poop on the floor because she has given up on taking her dog out or playing with him, the recycling containers are all overflowing with Pepsi cans (how much can one person drink in one day?) and there are still 3 day old dishes in the sink, and none of the groceries she purchased earlier are put away. Normally I would "help" her (read: "enable" her)  but she has been so hostile lately I am actually afraid of her volatility and her rage. And I have another month of this until I can finally move out.

My plan: hide in my room, go out as much as possible, sleep, meditate, pack up, eat as necessary.

🐝➕

JollyJazz

QuoteMy plan: hide in my room, go out as much as possible, sleep, meditate, pack up, eat as necessary.

There are SO many parallels between my (thankfully former landlady and your roommate)...she used to dig food out of the compost and cook and eat it 🤢

I like your plan. I think avoiding her is very good. Anything to avoid that stressful environment and take care of yourself sounds like a great plan! Avoidance is the best course of action IMO, good on you!!!  :)

Dog poop on the floor is truly horrendous, but at the end of the day it's her mess. It's DEFINITELY her job to sort that.

ShyTurtle

Quote from: JollyJazz on December 31, 2020, 08:32:46 AM
There are SO many parallels between my (thankfully former landlady and your roommate)...she used to dig food out of the compost and cook and eat it 🤢

What in the actual f? Wow that's gross!

Today I guess she is ready to pull me back in because she texted me to offer me a few dishes this morning. I still plan to greywall/avoid though. She could turn again on a dime.
🐝➕

IRedW77

JollyJazz

Yes, I'm very glad to be away from my old place... it was awful!! Its awful that your flatmate is someday too, uggh. It will feel amazing when you can get free!

Today I guess she is ready to pull me back in because she texted me to offer me a few dishes this morning. I still plan to greywall/avoid though. She could turn again on a dime.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things and noticing her hoover attempts, good one! 😊

I think hiding in room/avoiding staying out of the house are all great ideas. Hope you have some nice forms of escapism / ways to get out of that environment like going to the movies, yoga or whatever kind of thing you like. I found that being in that situation majorly drained my energy. I'm trying to personally keep up my self care as I feel like I'm still recovering.

Nice work on finding a new place in a month! I'm sure it will feel amazing to be out! Wishing you the best and sending support!!! ☺️