For Those of us Confused by our Narcissistic Families

Started by Amedee, January 11, 2021, 09:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amedee

https://jreidtherapy.com/blog/

I recently discovered this guy's Youtube channel.  His blog is also very well written.  Jay breaks down and explains the devastating process of projective identification in narcissistic relationships - especially in parent child relationships.  Not necessarily new information ... but he has a gift of explaining the dynamic in a concise way that lifts a lot of confusion for me.  My N family is very subtle and covert, so confusion has been my single biggest obstacle to recovery.

Why the family has to choose a scapegoat becomes very clear.  Also, why the scapegoat is forced to willingly take on the family shame and pain.  It becomes easy to see why there is so little hope that the N can or will change.  Jay is a real champion for the strengths, resilience and often profound kindness and goodness of family scapegoats.  If you check him out, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

pianissimo

Thanks for this recommendation. I checked his YouTube channel. His content seems quite original. The content also seems technical, which I like.