Flying monkey....this is getting ridiculous

Started by BettyGray, January 11, 2021, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BettyGray

Hi all,

After 5 years, they just won't let up. Luckily I made it through Christmas with no attempts (that I know of - everyone in my FOC knows to not communicate/participate with them, and if they try, don't even bother telling me).

Today, I received a new follwer on social media. I kept looking at the name and picture, thinking...."she looks/seems familiar...." About a second later, I figured out it's my sisters best friend. This is getting pathetically ridiculous. uBPD sister has resorted to getting her FRIEND to stalk me.  :blowup:

I blocked it right away. I didn't feel any sort of threat or anything. In fact, I started cracking up. I mean, what - is she going to come over and give her phone to my sister so she can stalk me? Can you imagine?

Anyway, just a quick share. Nothing too earth-shattering, just entertaining.

DistanceNotDefense

Once you realize what flying monkeys are....

Flying monkeys = ridiculous :doh:

I look forward to the time where I've grown enough that this all seems just so silly and amusing, and less triggering. I'm getting there.

Definitely silly for your sister's friend to try to friend you. Like, who wouldn't see through that?!!?

They think they're really, REALLY clever in some ways....

Fortuna

I'm glad you can find humor in it. My mom doesn't have enough friends that would do anything like that so she's resorted to strangers/businesses. She's had a cake delivered from a local bakery as a gift in her name. She's changed her banking info to my address. Goodness knows whats next. Trying to find the humor in it but it's just so pathetic and violating at the same time.

Hepatica

Dear Liz1018,

I think it's so great that you have found that place in your healing journey to first of all spot the craziness and also to feel no inclination to engage with it. That is testament to the process of healing that comes as a gift to us when we disengage from the old toxic dance.

I am not quite there yet. If I felt I was being stalked I'd feel astonished and a little bit sad. I am at the point though, where I know that I have no interest in engaging and I know that means a lot for my progress.

I'm happy for you and thank you for sharing that because it gives many of us struggling a goal point to hope for and seek.

It is possible to leave these relationships, even when they are family. It is possible to heal.
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue

BettyGray

Thanks, everyone. I think the more ridiculous the flying monkey attempts, the easier it gets to laugh about it. Of course, I live very far away from them, so I don't have to worry about running into them or anyone they know. That barrier gives me a box seat to what is happening on the court below.

Maybe if her friend had not included a photo it would have been less obvious. But it had her name and photo, so it was a no-brainer. WTH?? They do think they're sly.  :blink:

blues_cruise

You're right, it's ridiculous. Why do people take it upon themselves to get involved and try to have some influence in sensitive situations like this? I'll never understand the mentality, it's really none of their business.

I'm glad it's not affecting you too negatively Liz, sounds like you're seeing these attempts for what they are.  :)
"You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to become." - Carl Gustav Jung

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou