Has a PD written about here ever discovered this?

Started by foggydude, January 17, 2021, 11:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggydude

Totally curious if it has occurred, where someone has written about the PD in their life and responded to the string written about them?

That would be very funny imo but maybe not for some.

things are not good or bad, they just are....Buddha

my religion is simple, my religion is kindness
be kind whenever possible, it is always possible

The Dalai Lama

moglow

It happens, not often but it has. Easy to do with shared computers if someone's not paying attention and the other is.

We have a provision in our guidelines for just such eventualities. It's not unheard of for a member to request their account be deleted as a result.

But funny? Sorry, I'm not seeing that. People being hurt never is to me.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

foggydude

Funny may have been an incorrect use if the word. Perhaps interesting would be more apropos.
I also dont condone hurt, tho, my last encounter had a very liberal definition of rhe word harm. Drinking a diet soda she found harmful. Eating butter was harmful. Even being honest.
I certainly did not intend to offend
Computers left open is something I did not even consider. Ty flr this
things are not good or bad, they just are....Buddha

my religion is simple, my religion is kindness
be kind whenever possible, it is always possible

The Dalai Lama

Penny Lane

To piggyback on what Mo said: by far the most likely way that someone would find you in here, and be sure it's you, is if you're sharing a computer and they can see that you've visited this site.

It is much rarer that a PD would just stumble upon this site and realize that they are being posted about. First of all, it is amazing how similar the stories are! So it'd be hard to tell which specific person is the one in their life. Second of all, the PDs I've met typically don't have the self awareness to recognize their story from the other perspective.

If you're concerned about being found out, I highly recommend locking down your internet history on any shared computer. And there's always the option of changing small details, or withholding any identifying details.