Feces in the bathtub

Started by ShyTurtle, January 20, 2021, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyTurtle

I wish I was making this up. 12 days remain in dealing with a bpd housemate who has split on me. I will be moving out on Feb 1 - just waiting until then to get the keys!

She went from telling me I could no longer leave dishes on the drying mat to leaving them there herself for days along with a perpetual sink full of dishes and now this. It started with the odd poo flake left in the drain now and then and now there were full on blobs of fecal matter left in the tub. Is she waffle stomping? I'm so mortified that it has come to this. Im so grossed out and afraid of what she'll do to step up the ante next.
🐝➕

JollyJazz

Hi Shy Turtle,

Oh my, that is truly, truly, beyond disgusting. :barfy:

You poor poor thing.

Only 12 days to go! I'm sure you are counting down... do you have things planned to celebrate once you are free?

My crazed former flatmate lady was also super gross (would eat stuff out of the bin)... truly foul

I hope you can keep safe and hide in your room to just keep out of her way as much as possible!

ShyTurtle

Quote from: JollyJazz on January 20, 2021, 05:00:29 PM
do you have things planned to celebrate once you are free?

The first thing I will do is clean and take pride in the cleanliness of my own space!

I remember reading that your flatmate ate out of the bin - that is soooooo nasty!!!! 
🐝➕

GettingOOTF

I worked with this woman who was upset at her male roommate. It was a long drawn out saga that I think came down to her being upset he wasn't into her. She decided to move out. She would tell us how she was dipping tampons in red wine and leaving them for him to find. At the time I doubted she was using wine.

I eventually left that job and she was the main reason. She also sued a former employer as she hide tape recorders as she suspected people were talking about her. They were. They said she was "crazy". She won the lawsuit and got a cash payout which was why she was leaving the other situation.

All this to say that roommate situations can be tough. You are doing the right thing.

Thru the Rain

Can you move to a hotel or airbnb for the next 12 days? Some extended stay hotels are like little apartments and can have pretty low rates if you're staying for that long.

And please take tons of pictures of your space when you leave. I've watched enough Judge Judy to know that pictures can save the day when a malicious room mate tries to sue for cleaning and damages. Take pictures of things you wouldn't necessarily even think of - the walls, the ceiling - all to show everything was clean and undamaged when you left.

JollyJazz

Quote from: ShyTurtle on January 20, 2021, 06:36:26 PM
Quote from: JollyJazz on January 20, 2021, 05:00:29 PM
do you have things planned to celebrate once you are free?

The first thing I will do is clean and take pride in the cleanliness of my own space!

I remember reading that your flatmate ate out of the bin - that is soooooo nasty!!!!

Lol  oh it so was!! She dug out old fish skin that had been sitting there in the heat and filth and ate it

Wow, your cleaning ritual sounds perfect!!! I can't wait to hear that you've escaped that awful situation!!!

ShyTurtle

Quote from: Thru the Rain on January 20, 2021, 09:47:48 PM
Can you move to a hotel or airbnb for the next 12 days?

I've already checked out hotels in the area, and none of them are offering discounts. Consequently, it would really set me back to stay at a hotel at this point. Unfortunately, I really have to stay put. 
🐝➕

ShyTurtle

Quote from: GettingOOTF on January 20, 2021, 07:35:04 PMShe would tell us how she was dipping tampons in red wine and leaving them for him to find. At the time I doubted she was using wine.
Yea, anyone with healthy color vision would have been able to tell it wasn't blood.

Hopefully she isn't smart enough to scheme anything like recording devices. Her specialty seems to be blaming everything that goes wrong on me whether I am responsible or not. Im just trying to keep a low profile at this point because it's all very stressful for me. My hair has been falling out and I've been having night sweats again. Keeping my sights set on moving day is getting me through this.
🐝➕

ShyTurtle

Quote from: JollyJazz on January 20, 2021, 10:43:34 PM
Lol  oh it so was!! She dug out old fish skin that had been sitting there in the heat and filth and ate it

Gross! How did she not get food poisoning?
🐝➕

JollyJazz

Lol! I don't know?! We think she must have built up a strong immune system from all the eating out of the bin! So gross 🤢 I'm so glad I'm out of there!!!

Janeite V

Shyturtle, frankly I am amazed at how well you are managing this dreadful situation. I really hope that you won't get sick from whatever it is she is doing  :aaauuugh:

I hope you have your own things safe from her reach. It reminds me a lot of this roommate horror story that was in the news a few years ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/brianna-brochu-hartford.html

Thru the Rain

Just one week to go! We're all cheering you on!!

:thewave:

ShyTurtle

Quote from: Janeite V on January 25, 2021, 01:10:14 AM
Shyturtle, frankly I am amazed at how well you are managing this dreadful situation. I really hope that you won't get sick from whatever it is she is doing  :aaauuugh:

I hope you have your own things safe from her reach. It reminds me a lot of this roommate horror story that was in the news a few years ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/brianna-brochu-hartford.html
Thanks so much!! I hope I don't get sick either. I pretty much keep to myself, but I will be packing up all of my bathroom stuff tonight!! That story you shared is nightmarish!
🐝➕

ShyTurtle

Quote from: Thru the Rain on January 25, 2021, 11:20:46 AM
Just one week to go! We're all cheering you on!!

:thewave:

Thanks so much, Thru the Rain!!  :cheers:
🐝➕

JollyJazz

How long to go Shyturtle?! 😊 Please post an 'escape' post - it sounds like you've been in an awful situation! Just if you want of course 😊 cheering for you!

ShyTurtle

Quote from: JollyJazz on January 29, 2021, 12:25:30 AM
How long to go Shyturtle?! 😊 Please post an 'escape' post - it sounds like you've been in an awful situation! Just if you want of course 😊 cheering for you!

I will! Tonight is my last night here!! And I will definitely write about my escape!  :thumbup:
🐝➕

JollyJazz

Woot!!! Cheering for you!!! ☺️👍 Can't wait to read it ☺️

JollyJazz

I hope your escape from the faeces lady goes well :hug: