Trying to get a reaction out of me/attention

Started by ShyTurtle, January 24, 2021, 09:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyTurtle

My bpd housemate mentally split on me about a month ago and kicked me out. To avoid futher conflict, I have gone VLC with her. I have one week left in this hell hole until I get the keys to my new place. It's fascinating (and enraging) that she just keeps trying to get me to interact with her.

I have not spoken to her in weeks and yet she still tests out the push/pull in each text message. One part of the text message will always consist of a demand, (this part is usually referring to how she has been inconvenienced or wronged by me in some way) and the other part will refer to some sort of gift or peace offering she has for me which is of no inconvenience to her whatsoever  and it is usually her garbage that she doesn't want (once this was some very old oranges she had but didn't want anymore.)

Is this way of communicating just her or is it a bpd thing?

If you're interested in the details of today: my soup-filled crockpot is in her way and she has asked me to move it within the next hour. I feel that I have paid to be here and cook. Also, she is blessed with functional arms and can move the crockpot herself if needed, or plug her own crock pot into another outlet. She has never complained about this before, but I suppose it was the nearest thing she could see to complain about. And she is offering a dirty old litter box and scoop for my cat. On the surface it may seem benign, but this has been a part of an ongoing pattern.

I will hold strong and not respond - even though I would love to tell her about how her blobs feces in the bathtub the other day (which I had to clean up) was an inconvenience to me!

I will hold strong and not answer this stupidity because I can't risk her becoming more passive-aggressive around my son in our final days here.
🐝➕

JollyJazz

Awful! Its great you are seeing it in an analytical way. Only one week to go!!! I know its an awful situation but in my own related situation I found that seeing the funny side helped enormously. I think you've been doing a bit of that 😊 Yes, its all just power and control, manipulative stuff from her. She sounds absolutely ghastly as a roommate. Sending you strength for these last few days!!!

ShyTurtle

Quote from: JollyJazz on January 24, 2021, 09:34:38 PM
Awful! Its great you are seeing it in an analytical way. Only one week to go!!! I know its an awful situation but in my own related situation I found that seeing the funny side helped enormously. I think you've been doing a bit of that 😊 Yes, its all just power and control, manipulative stuff from her. She sounds absolutely ghastly as a roommate. Sending you strength for these last few days!!!

Thanks so much, JollyJazz! The stress of dealing with all of this has my hair falling out among other things. I'm so excited to have more peace! :)
🐝➕