Having a really hard time

Started by Mintstripes, January 03, 2021, 05:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyJazz

QuoteMintstripes, beg pardon, but telling you that you're being too picky is about the biggest load of organic lawn fertilizer I've EVER heard of! All of us on here? We weren't picky enough. BE. EXTRA. PICKY. With friends and romantic partners. You've suffered enough damage and you don't need to take on any new. While you're cleaning out, feel free to be as picky as possible about what new people you take on! So what if you're wary while you heal? Better that than get kicked around by yet another PD that will cause more trauma you need to recover from. Kind and real people will be patient with you. PDs will not.

This. is. awesome. 😎👍

Mintstripes

Thanks everyone.

I agree about being "picky" (ie: smart). The last thing I need is bad advice from a smug married.

I've had a really rough week. I won't go into detail but suffice to say that I have no one to count on. I'm totally alone. If I want help I have to pay people, and with COVID that's not always possible. Being a single parent with very little to no support is hell sometimes.

JollyJazz

Sending you a big hug Mint  :bighug: I'm sorry that you are feeling so alone. Just reach out here anytime you need, or PM, or whatever.

I'm sorry that you have so little support being a single Mum :( Just sending you a big ol' hug from across the other side of the world!

Boat Babe

Having to dig deep, after having dug deep is a big ask. I see my single parent friends really struggling atm. It is so damned hard.

I am sure you are doing everything you need to stay secure, healthy and sane, so won't give an intelligent, gutsy woman more advice, other than to keep putting one foot in front of the other until your life starts to improve. When in Hell, keep walking.

Sending huge hugs Minty ❤️
It gets better. It has to.

Mintstripes

Hi everyone,

Good news: I finally had my medical procedure and I AM FINE!! I was extremely relieved to get a clean bill of health. I was worried sick for months.

School is back in session for me so I've been working hard at my classes and doing freelance work as well.

UnPDxh and his wife have a new baby. He's already been MIA for his parenting time with DD. Color me shocked.

DD is turning 5 in a few weeks, so I'm planning a party at home with just the two of us. Honestly, I am having a horrific time with her. She can be SO loving and sweet but she still has so many issues. I've mentioned before that she's been on medication since mid last year, which helped immensely. Of course, her violent behavior has not been entirely eradicated.

She has been attacking me again lately. I'm sitting here with scratch marks all over my arms and legs. She makes me bleed. She kicks me, hits me, jumps on me, throws things, screams her head off, argues about *everything*. I feel guilty saying this but when she behaves like that, I can't $&@?ing STAND HER.  It's such a rollercoaster.

She's been aggressive with me since she was under 2 years old and has been getting worse every year. She's also extremely picky with food and has major sleep issues (will stay up til the wee hours bouncing off the walls). Everything is a battle. I'm so glad I don't have to wake up early and make it to a job on time.

I have had a hell of a time getting her properly evaluated (I was quoted $6000 a few months ago for psychological and autism evaluation). Now that she's old enough though, there should be more options.

I'm SO SO SO tired of being attacked by my own child. It's as if she has a split personality and it scares me. I'm afraid she's inherited something from UnPDxh, who was like Jekyll and Hyde. Not that I EVER want to compare her to him, I'm just talking on a purely genetic level... I love her so much. I wish she would stop being so violent.

Poison Ivy

Hi, Mintstripes. I'm glad to hear about your clean bill of health, sorry to hear that your daughter is continuing to show challenging behaviors. I hope you can get some help with and for her soon.