Why would she do this? Is this projecting?

Started by Ilove...., February 09, 2021, 11:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilove....

In my home country there's a popular online forum.  I used to have an account but it's closed now and I'm happy it's a closed account.

I came across a profile that reads very strongly from my sister.   My closed account is because of her.  She figured out my writing style and put some pieces together and then harassed me on the account, and so I closed it. I never had any interaction online with her. 

I read a thread that she started.  She was looking for advice about a job prospect. She wrote that she intended an interview that would be the best job ever and the job would pay 50,000 PA (per annum).   She went onto to say that her current job asked her into the office where they had a chat and she was being offered a change in her hours from weekdays to weekends.

I knew straight away when I read that part, that it was all made up.

She went on to post a few questions about working two jobs.

I think it was all made up from her.   To have a job interview for a job that will pay her a large income and for her current role to offer her a new position on the same day/week of her new job interview.  Something doesn't sit right with me about that. To go from a minimum wage job to an income that would be 80000/90000 PA. 

It was made up. She knew I would read that and I suspect that she wrote it trying to instill a feeling of jealousy into a certain reader as in me. 

She sent me messages for years accusing me of being jealous of her.   I'm not jealous of her but that's a story she likes to believe. 

When I read it I thought it was all lies for what I pointed out above. When I read it I also hoped it was true. It would be the best thing ever for her.  I said to some of our other siblings and our mother, she was never being worked hard enough for a long time. If it was true, she could finally spend all her time focused on herself and her jobs instead of being butt hurt about not being able to control her siblings.   All of her sibling relationships are poor because we were all at a point in our lifes where work and partners were taking over.   She would finally experience a dose of hard work. 

I'm writing to ask why would she do something like this.  I think her post was trying to instill a feeling of jealousy for me.  Why would she do that?

It's scary because the issues with her in the family are going back to over a decade and it shows that she's not dealing with any of her feelings or emotions in any positive way or through therapy or counselling.   If she was in counselling or therapy to talk, she surely wouldnt be doing something like that.   It tells me that the family is in for the long haul from her and her abusive attitude.  We've haven't been physically in each others lifes for years but she won't let us go. 

Ilove....

There was another post I read from her before.  I can't remember exactly the time but it could have been around about 2 years ago.   She wrote a post saying that she was due to move to Canada and she had a job and sponsorship and a house all lined up but she's just after discovering that she's pregnant and her baby is due in October. She concluded her psot saying - "I guess this changes everything" and herself and her boyfriend are so happy.

That was another post that I think was also made up. There she was claiming a whole new world away abroad in Canada but she found an unexpected pregnancy and there she was posting online guessing it will change everything and her first feelings were one of happy and delight for herself and her boyfriend.  There was never a feeling of worry or a feeling to mind herself with a prenatal vitamin, none of that.

When I read it I prayed that it would be true because it will give her something to focus her mind on and keep away from me and the rest of the family.   There was never a baby.  She's not in my life any more and d I know know if it was true or not or if anything happened but gut feeling says that it was made.  I would be very surprised if any of it were true. There were other lies from her too into our phones like telling us she was in hospital with a sickness and eventually moving onto claiming she has cancer. None of it was true.  It was all for attention and trying to provoke sympathy and trying to give herself a licence and a reason to lash out onto the family.   

Spring Butterfly

I'm sorry you're experiencing this and having such anguish over it

QuoteI'm writing to ask why would she do something like this.  I think her post was trying to instill a feeling of jealousy for me.  Why would she do that?
this unfortunately is not a question anyone but you sister can answer

QuoteI came across a profile that reads very strongly from my sister
this doesn't sound like you know for a this is your sister posting

It might be good for your peace of mind to step back from reading there and review the toolbox topic here "Not My Stuff" because even if it is your sister it's her stuff (her choice and business) to spin stories
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

Hilltop

You are only assuming it was your sister posting, it may not have been however its good that you closed your account.

You say that she was messaging you for years.  That isn't necessary.  Block her number or if there are ongoing problems change your phone number and block her, only give your phone number to people that you trust and tell them not to give out your number.

You are NC with your sister.  You don't need to worry about her life, you simply need to move on and live your life.