Hi everyone!

Started by Monkey Boy, February 05, 2021, 05:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey Boy

I joined the group a few years ago but never got involved (you can see more about me by searching my previous Welcome Mat post).  Yesterday my PD partner exploded and raged all day.  I holed up in another part of the house and came back to the site and started to explore.  Today I downloaded a journal app as I was pretty depressed and started to journal how I was feeling about our relationship.  I was shocked at reading it when done.  How could I have gone 23 years without well defined boundaries and tolerating such bad behavior?  I think I just got numb.  But my journal entry scared me.  My big challenge is to start creating boundaries and sticking with them but I'm sure that there will be push back.   That where I am now.  Thanks for listening.

SunnyMeadow

Hi Amigo Rick! I'm sorry you are here but glad you're posting.

I felt the same way about tolerating this behavior for decades. How come I didn't see this like so many other people did?? Creating boundaries is a tough one when you first do them. Baby steps are the way to go. Also, I had to get angry in order to hold my boundaries, it was an internal anger. I didn't walk around showing anger but inside I kept repeating "I'm an adult and I'm not putting up with this anymore". It was more a slow controlled burn that I had put up with this for too long, no more.

Monkey Boy

Hi Sunny Meadow,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. He was fine yesterday but is hell to live with today.  This is so hard.  I used to be very calm and I think a good person but the last two years when he starts in and gets mean I get angry too and tell him what I think.  I'm tried of taking the BS.  I don't want to elaborate her in the Welcome Mat.  It's for another post.