Standing up for myself

Started by Justme729, February 14, 2021, 05:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justme729

I hate confrontation.   I hate it.   Words can't describe how much I hate it.   

One coworker says everything she does is in the name of putting her family first and boundaries.   She continues to not show up to work putting the burden on myself mainly, but also my other coworkers.   She was supposed to be our team lead while our real lead is out (isn't expected back until next year).  We've had multiple individuals fall through to fill that gap (we still need another person/sub) due to Covid and the demands it requires.   

Anyways, we are already down a person, a significant person on our team.    I've stepped up, since she stepped down.   However, I'm tired!    Like - I can't do my job while doing hers....plus fulfill the team lead role. .   Glad you have boundaries and family first, but in the mean time the well being of your teammates are suffering.   

The problem is we are required to return in person, they don't believe it's right.  So they are  just taking the time off until we get shut back down.  They've been out a week now.  I have more students in my class than my high schooler does. 

Oscen

Hi Justme729,

I'm not a fan of conflict either.

Using "boundaries" as an excuse to shirk is crappy.

Justme729

Quote from: Oscen on February 14, 2021, 09:15:25 PM
Hi Justme729,

I'm not a fan of conflict either.

Using "boundaries" as an excuse to shirk is crappy.

It really sucks.  My other coworkers and I end up working even more hours to cover her.   Then, she turns around and says "you need to set boundaries" and "don't over burden yourself."   Well, ya it'd be nice.  Maybe if you'd show up, we could all have decent work-life balances.  It's the whole "no I in team" thing.   If you choose a team based job where others depend on you, you need to hold up your end of the deal or move on somewhere else.   

Sorry I'm bitter.   I am absolutely exhausted.