Notifications option/button removed?

Started by JustKat, March 25, 2021, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKat

I've noticed that the "Subscribe to Thread" button is gone. I know that several of us were having problems receiving the notifications because our email providers were blocking them as spam. Is this why it's gone?

I hope it's okay to start a new thread for this issue. There's an older thread on the topic but when I tried to post there I got a notification saying more than 90 days had passed and to start a new thread.

Penny Lane

Thanks for letting us know. It wasn't removed on purpose, we'll look into what happened.

JustKat

Thank you for looking into this.

After it's returned, the problem of not receiving the notifications is still dogging me. Is there any way to resolve this? AOL/Yahoo has informed me that the site owner has to fill out a form telling them that they're a legitimate site and not sending out spam. My only other option is to create a separate email address for this board, but I'm not sure which other providers may also be blocking the notifications.

WinterStar

I know I'm not getting the notifications on Gmail either. It'd be nice to get them again.
I am only resolved to act in that manner, which will, in my own opinion, constitute my happiness, without reference to you, or to any person so wholly unconnected with me. -Elizabeth Bennet

Spring Butterfly

We may have found a setting that needed adjustment - let us know if it works now
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

JustKat

Quote from: WinterStar on March 26, 2021, 02:41:31 PM
I know I'm not getting the notifications on Gmail either. It'd be nice to get them again.

Thank you for letting me know about Gmail.

The notifications button is back but I'm still not receiving any. Most of the threads I was watching have been inactive, though. Could someone reply to this thread to see if I receive a notification?

Penny Lane

JustKat

Thanks for the test post, but darnit, no notification to AOL/Yahoo. Hopefully WinterStar has subscribed to this thread so we know if one went through to Gmail.

I really appreciate the help from all the board moderators on this one. You guys are the best.

xredshoesx

Spring Butterfly

Thank you all for testing, just to confirm your forum profile notifications are all set correctly with the checkmarks and selected timing for notifications?
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

JustKat

I just took a look. Nothing has changed since I joined the site, but I went ahead and reset everything by clearing all the boxes and then checking them off again. Maybe that will help.

JustKat

I'm still not receiving the notifications so it does look like it's my email provider. This happened with another mailing list I subscribe to. First AOL blocked them for being spam, then Yahoo blocked them, then Gmail blocked them, then I suddenly started getting them again on AOL. So I guess I'll just wait and see if anything changes.  :-\

WinterStar

Still not getting notifications on Gmail. A couple months ago, I tried turning all notifications off, saving and restarting them all. I tried changing to a second Gmail account I use. Nothing worked.
I am only resolved to act in that manner, which will, in my own opinion, constitute my happiness, without reference to you, or to any person so wholly unconnected with me. -Elizabeth Bennet

JustKat

Quote from: WinterStar on April 01, 2021, 08:07:22 AM
A couple months ago, I tried turning all notifications off, saving and restarting them all. I tried changing to a second Gmail account I use. Nothing worked.

WinterStar, I tried all of those things as well and got the same result. It's really a bummer. I miss getting those notifications.