Onward thru the fog!

Started by ciquing, April 02, 2021, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciquing

Hello, I'm grateful to be here. I'm currently separated from my spouse of 37 years and I am coming Out of the FOG! The past five years without him in my daily life has brought many positive changes. The scary part has been discovering his true nature. I was told for the majority of our marriage that I was the problem. Hard to believe that I accepted 100% of the blame, but without awareness of his PD I was drowning in what I thought were all "my" problems. Funny thing about that is, my anxiety, depression, and low self esteem started to improve when we separated. I have worked very hard these past years to pull myself out the "coma" of anger, hurt and fear I lived in for 32 years. I am still working to put the pieces  together and am proud to say that recovery IS possible!
Five years into this journey, and I still find myself falling into the same old pot holes in dealings with him.
It's time to learn how NOT to do the same thing over and over!
My intention is to find new ways of coping with a problematic person in my life without falling into the traps - as often.
Where is the best place to start in here?
Thanks so much for being here! This site is so needed!

notrightinthehead

Welcome! You have come to a good place, full of information and support. Please check out the Toolbox tab, especially what to do and what not to do, medium chill, boundaries, and non JADE have been so important for me,  it takes a while to implement them but with practice you will find that you remain in control when interacting with the PD in your life.
There are also many good, informative books around. Check out the book reviews. And you will find much support, similar experiences and advice  on the separating and divorcing board. See you around
I can't hate my way into loving myself.