UBpD brother changed lock on shared/family property

Started by JollyJazz, April 07, 2021, 06:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JollyJazz

Hi All,

I'm just venting here, but one of my siblings, suspected BPD, decided to change the locks / key on a shared family property (cabin).

I used it a few months ago. It's one happy place because I associate it with my grandparents. My grandfather purchased it a long time ago. It's a very simple place but in a lovely location.

Anyway, I have as much right to use it as my other family members. I live in a different city so I don't get to use it as often as I'd like, but I did spend some time out there about a month and a half ago. I asked if anyone else wanted to use it.

My brother recently moved back after a long time overseas (20 years or so I think). He's moved in (along with his family) with my parents. He's steadily getting into the flying monkey business too!

Anyway, I definitely don't think the lock needed to be changed, but I think it's just another controlling action on behalf of my brother / family control apparatus. I used to be able to use my own key, now I have to go around to my parents / his house to get the key if I want I use it... urggh. I feel like it never ends.

I feel like my brother just wants to monopolize / control everything now he's back.

square

Borrow the key.

Go to the hardware store.

Make a copy.

Wait to return the key after your trip.

Never borrow the key again.

Andeza

:yeahthat:

Less than $5 at the big box home stores, but guarantees you more peace of mind. And access.

Probably is a control issue, otherwise he would have made a copy for you.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

JollyJazz

Hehe, thanks Square and Andzea,

Thanks for the ideas! Lol. I was thinking just that!

I think it's just the control behavior that's grating on my nerves, but easily gotten around, hehe.