Female friendship podcast

Started by JenniferSmith, April 09, 2021, 04:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenniferSmith

Just wanted to share a podcast I stumbled onto recently - its a pair of women who discuss issues related to female friendships.  They aren't therapists, but I find their content thought-provoking.  It made me think of some of the threads I've seen here, so wanted to pass it along.

Its called "Crappy Friends"  - https://www.crappyfriends.net/

DistanceNotDefense

LOVE this podcast! I fully back your recommendation. Was just binge listening to it today. Very, very good and perfect for this part of the forum ❤️

JenniferSmith

Quote from: DistanceNotDefense on April 09, 2021, 07:12:54 PM
LOVE this podcast! I fully back your recommendation. Was just binge listening to it today. Very, very good and perfect for this part of the forum ❤️

I'm happy to hear you enjoy it as well!  I think what I appreciate about it is the stories reveal that difficulties in friendships are normal, and people of all ages struggle with them at times. There have been certain episodes that are very similar to experiences I've had, and it made me feel better to know I'm not alone.

DistanceNotDefense

Quote from: JenniferSmith on May 02, 2021, 07:22:52 PM
Quote from: DistanceNotDefense on April 09, 2021, 07:12:54 PM

I'm happy to hear you enjoy it as well!  I think what I appreciate about it is the stories reveal that difficulties in friendships are normal, and people of all ages struggle with them at times. There have been certain episodes that are very similar to experiences I've had, and it made me feel better to know I'm not alone.

Totally agree Jennifer - I think those of us here who've survived such extreme dysfunction, and who struggle to get close to others, can feel a little doomed in friendships because we try to make up for family with what they provide....I know I do!

But it has been a relief to realize that friendships are generally just hard and they get a lot, a LOT harder when we're older and it's not unusual to find a lot of them falling away from one reason or another... listening to this podcast definitely helps me feel like less of a freak!