A resource to share- the Compassion Course for 2021 - starts June 23rd

Started by JenniferSmith, June 01, 2021, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenniferSmith

I just wanted to share a resource with folks here who might be interested.

Its an on-line course called The Compassion Course - https://www.compassioncourse.org/ Its been running for about ten years now.  It starts every year in June. It is based on Non-Violent Communication.   

The course is actually a community focused on learning to identify our feelings and the needs connected to them, and skills to use this awareness in our relationships with others (and ourselves). 

All aspects of the course are optional, so you can make it fit into your own schedule quite easily. There are weekly email lessons and exercises, a monthly video conference call (which you can participate in or watch later as a recording), an internet forum, on-line video practice groups where you join up with others to practice the skills from each week, and more.  There are people from all over the world (scroll down on the link above to see a map of participants' locations).

This course has had a major positive impact on my life, and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking to learn new ways of looking at the themselves, others, and relationships, and being part of a community that is focused on bringing more empathy and compassion into the world....and having fun while doing it.

Jolie40

Quote from: JenniferSmith on June 01, 2021, 04:05:17 PM
Its an on-line course called The Compassion Course - http://compassioncourse.com/ 

I just signed up with your link
when I went to read more, I see the real website is dot org!

so compared the two & it looks like dot com is a fake copy of the real website
so who has my info?
be good to yourself

JenniferSmith

Oh, I just looked and you're right - maybe check with your credit card company to see if you can get that cancelled....  I will report my post to the mods and ask them to change it to .org - so sorry about that and thank you for letting me know!!

JenniferSmith

Just wanted to bump my thread up since this course starts in two days - 6/23

I was inspired by another thread in this section of the forum where the poster was grappling with judgment of others and how to work with those.

As someone who also tends to be judgmental (but also does not really enjoy this tendency in myself), the course has really shifted my thinking in this area and had a very positive impact. Its actually a big aspect of the course- learning a different way to understand our judgments, which then leads to experiencing less negative feelings associated with judgments.

Simon

A note to the mods.

The text of the link in the original post has been changed to .org, but the actual link still points to the unsecure .com version.
Might want to change that.  :D

moglow

Moderation note - we changed your link as requested a few weeks ago, JenniferSmith, but it still appears to be routing elsewhere whenever anyone clicks on the link. That's out of our bailiwick unfortunately.

Edited to add: Weird. I went back and completely deleted your link, cut pasted from compassioncourse.org and it seems to be working now. Not at all sure how that worked ...
:stars:
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

JenniferSmith

Thank you so much Moglow!!! I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Now the link is correct - if anyone here decides to sign up for the course and has any questions.. please feel free to get in touch. 

1footouttadefog

I did a quick whois  lookup and both domains, the .org and . com.are register to the same DNC holdings.

Many companies will register the other domains and redirect them so they cannot be taken by copy cat's.  That way if someone accide tally types the wrong thing no harm is done. Additionally a lower quality site does not get to detract from the branding and marketing and such.

JenniferSmith

Quote from: 1footouttadefog on June 25, 2021, 12:47:23 PM
I did a quick whois  lookup and both domains, the .org and . com.are register to the same DNC holdings.

Many companies will register the other domains and redirect them so they cannot be taken by copy cat's.  That way if someone accide tally types the wrong thing no harm is done. Additionally a lower quality site does not get to detract from the branding and marketing and such.

That is interesting - thanks for the clarification!