Hey there!

Started by Maeve123, June 09, 2021, 05:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeve123

Hi!  So I have been no contact with my mother for about a year now, and low contact with my father (he is married to and an enabler to my mother's NPD) as well as low contact with lots of extended family.  I do talk to my brother on occasion, and am blessed to have fantastic in-laws who are empathetic, understanding, and welcoming.  I am married to my best friend, and we have one beautiful little boy together.

I am basically trying to navigate motherhood the best I can with the limited tools I have... I feel like a traumatic and toxic childhood makes me basically parent my kid the exact opposite of how I was raised

notrightinthehead

Welcome! You will find a lot of information and support on this site.  I learned a lot from reading other people's  stories, I hope you will too. See you around on the boards.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

bloomie

Hi there!

Adding a warm welcome to you. I am thankful you reached out for support and encouragement. You are not alone in wanting to build tools for a healthy life in adulthood having not had those models in childhood.

I am another one who found myself wanting to insure a healthy future for myself and my family. Take a good look around and read the tools in the toolbox, info in the drop down menus, and many threads and post across the forum.

When you are ready, dive in and join the conversations. I look forward to supporting you!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.