He didnt show up for court

Started by Bunnyme, June 16, 2021, 08:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnyme

Negotiations are costing me thousands that I dont have.  It is coming down to just a couple of numbers.  I told my attorney I dont care anymore.  The amount I'd get is less than the amount it will cost me to get it.  The problem is that he wont even give his attorney a number to work with. We had a hearing today, but he didnt even show up (online).  His attorney said she called him 15 min prior and that "he should be hopping on any minute now," but he never did.  I mean, even if wifi goes out, you can call in by phone.  To me, it felt like a total power move and a huge [there's no middle finger emoji, so imagine that here] 😉  Whatever.  I just want to be done.  I may have to drop my attorney now and go pro se.  That is exactly what he wants, I think.

Medowynd

Can your attorney move for a judgment since he refuses to show up?

Bunnyme

No.  I'm sure he will have an excuse.  Today was a settlement conference, and we dont have a settlement.  My attorney said if we are close, sometimes they mediate in the hearing to see if we can get it done.  My spidey sense says he didnt want to do that.  It was a hearing, but not before a judge, so he cant be in contempt or anything

JustKeepTrying

This just stinks for you Bunnyme.  I am so sorry you are dealing with this.\\ :bighug: