Hello! New to this group and new to dealing with CPTSD :)

Started by jennasong22, June 24, 2021, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennasong22

Hi Everyone,

I recently have gone through a retriggering caused by trauma and sought out emergency therapy online. I have a really great match in my therapist and he informed me I most likely have CPTSD. It was a little bit of a shock until I started reading about the symptoms and characteristics. I am working simultaneously on my trauma (Adult Child of an Alcoholic) and also on dealing with CPTSD. While looking for support groups for both experiences I stumbled onto this website. I'm feeling really grateful to find a safe place, as people don't often understand what I'm going through. My recovery is going well so far and this is a big next step for me. Hoping to make connections that can make me feel less alone in this process.

Thank you for reading.

Latchkey

Welcome to Out of the FOG!

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of issues and glad you found us. Since you have identified yourself as someone suffering from Complex Post Traumatic Disorder, or CPTSD, we want to make you aware of a couple things as you settle in.

At Out of the FOG, we often welcome members who are dealing with CPTSD as a consequence of having been in a relationship with someone who suffers from a personality disorder. We recognize that CPTSD sufferers have a distinct and unique set of concerns and issues they are dealing with and recognized the need for a separate forum. So we helped launch Out of the Storm at https://www.outofthestorm.website/ - a support site specifically designed for people who suffer from CPTSD - Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We encourage you to check it out.

Here at Out of the FOG, we discuss our relationship issues as they pertain to the other people in our lives with a PD and welcome your participation. We have a number of sections, including one called Working on Us especially for dealing with recovery from those relationships.

Thanks for joining us and again, welcome to Out of the FOG!

Latchkey
What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.