(Non) update on settlement

Started by Bunnyme, June 28, 2021, 12:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnyme

As expected, he is stalling.  His attorney said we would have an agreement before our hearing.  Didnt happen.  By the end of that week.  Didnt happen.  Monday.  Didnt happen.  Now he isnt returning her phone calls.  My attorney is acting all surprised.  Guess who isnt. 

Interestingly, it seems he is trying to put in a requirement that I attend al-anon meetings (not AA...the support group for families).  He had said early last year that he wanted me to go so that I could learn about addiction and how it isnt his fault and I wouldnt be so mad if I understood.  Now he wants to force me to go?  Project much?   :doh:

Little does he understand that the meetings are all about enforcing boundaries, how the addiction is their own, etc..

notrightinthehead

Absolutely! He would not insist you attend, if he understood that these meetings are there to support family members to make healthy choices and stop enabling the addict. I suppose it would add another chore to your already overly full day but could be a source of support and resilience for you. Just shows once more how self centred he seems to be and how good at getting people to do his bidding. Sending you strength! This will pass too.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Bunnyme

I've finally seen the wording.  He wants me to go to educate myself and to learn how to truthfully communicate with the kids about his addiction.  It angers me to no end.  All of the articles and books I've read, my childs therapist, hours with my own therapist...all dedicated to how to handle this right.  HE lied to them about where he was.  I have not lied, but am very careful to not to directly contradict as I dont want the kids faced with the reality that he has been able to see them and chose not to.  It is such a huge slap in the face.  Now, I'm of course not going to agree to that language.  It just goes to show how much he projects and how twisted his mind is. 

Rose1

Your honour, can I suggest mr bunnyme learns about his addiction issues and its impact on those around him.

I can't believe someone would take this seriously but the world is very strange right now. Too much victim blaming. be strong