Breaking up with a nonPD romantic partner.

Started by Boat Babe, July 11, 2021, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boat Babe

So, I just split up with my very lovely bf of two years. I'm really sad but that's it!

There was never a trace of FOG in the relationship and the break up was honest and kind, both ways. I'm gonna cry a lot, I know but it's not a headf**k. I'm not anticipating hoovering, smearing or any other weird stuff.

Life after PDs carries no assurance of happy ever after but it's a lot more straightforward! Send hugs .
It gets better. It has to.

Free2Bme

BoatBabe,

:bwush:    so sorry, that is always a tough one.  Sending comfort as you move through the process. 

BeautifulCrazy

Boat Babe,

Sorry to hear about your breakup. Sending hugs  :bighug:

High five on having a Non-PD relationship!

Wishing that, soon, only good memories remain.
All the best for the next stages and relationships you enter upon. xo

BC

Boat Babe

Thanks all. Just honest sadness and gratitude for a great two years.  Also, all the work I've done on my early life trauma, the attachment wounds and the codependency has really, really paid off. Gonna enjoy being single now 😁
It gets better. It has to.

Hepatica

Hey Boat Babe,

I'm really sorry it didn't work out. How great though, that you've come so far! You're right. Breakups can be honest and kind. How wonderful to experience a healthy, normal ending. That is a whole lot of healing. This is testament to all of the work you've done. I'm proud of you! And listening to your story gives me hope.
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue

Sapling

A big  :bighug: to you Boat Babe. Your sadness will heal you. Its inspiring to hear how far you've come. I hope you find some solace in the good memories you shared too. Best wishes with this next chapter.