He has (finally) signed the settlement agreement and issued my settlemt check.

Started by Happytobefree, July 04, 2021, 08:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happytobefree

Finally!  My lawyer received the signed settlement agreement along with my check, and I'm picking it up next week. 

I actually ran into stbxUNh several weeks ago at a casual reception at a local brewery for a mutual friend.  I was shocked that Mr. "I hate people/crowds/bars/social events" actually came from out of state and my hands shook for a few minutes after I saw his car in the parking lot.  It was a dog friendly brewery, so I brought my rescue pittie.

He approached me after maybe 20 minutes and I took complete control of our interaction (out of nervousness?  Possibly.)  I was all smiley and greeted him with "Hi, there..." and immediately introduced my dog.  I told him about her background, focusing completely on her, never making eye contact with him or asking him how he was...because I don't care.  That was when my dog decided she'd had enough of the crowded room and people stepping on her tail, so she started to shriek.  I took ex by the arm and pulled him over and said, "Can you stand right here to block my dog from seeing that other dog?  I need to get her out of here."  And then I navigated my dog through the crowd, walking away from my ex and basically leaving him standing there.  And that was it.  I had to work that evening so I left before him.

Yesterday he emailed me to say he was coming into town today and would drop off my personal property listed in the settlement agreement that I wanted returned.  I replied saying I wouldn't be home and to leave it on the front porch.  It was there today when I got home.

Of course I'm wondering why he's being so decent recently and what his angle is, because every action has a self serving motive behind it.  But I can't think of any surprises he may spring on me at this point.  I guess the next step is for me to re-file the paperwork for an absolute divorce.  I see light at the end of the tunnel, but I hope it's not a freight train.  I'm not celebrating yet!

Anyway, this was all over the place, which is indicative of my current mood, so thanks for reading.

Happytobefree

My friend said that this is a normal way of feeling about a narcissist - you never know what's next. 

It's sad that even when he appears to be "accommodating" I get suspicious.

He still needs to produce the deeds to the other property for me to sign off on...maybe he's worried I won't now that he's issued my settlement check.

I'll just wait and watch and not react right away.